Let’s take a look at past 10 years of traffic and see where we stand.
July 15, 2016
The lifeblood of any web site business is traffic, BusRates gets a lot of traffic so make no mistake, BusRates is a very busy site.
For web sites, traffic translates into sales, information, customer service, and ease of distribution. Admittedly that's not really interesting fodder for your next dinner party conversation but if you’re a client of a web site that drives customers to your product or service? It's riviting! Why? Because you'll always want to know how much interest is being generated by your listing and how much business that interest is driving.
BusRates.com has been round for a long time now, it started in March of 2006 and has run uniterupted to present day, that equals 10 years, or 130 months, or 520 weeks, or 3,650 days! That's like 4 life times in internet time!
In that time, we’ve racked up some impressive traffic numbers for the site:
Visitor sessions breakdown
- Total sessions for 10 years = 9,300,000
- Average number of sessions per month = 75,000
- The least number of sessions in a month = March 2006, 15,000
- The most number of sessions in a month = April 2015, 134,000
Here are some other interesting stats for the past 10 years that may help you understand your listings traffic.
Visitor session by time popularity
- The busiest months of the year = February, March, and April
- The slowest months of the year = November and December
- Busiest weeks of the month = 2 or 3 week of the month
- Slowest week = the last week of the month
- Busiest day of the week = Tuesdays
- Slowest day of the week = Saturdays
- Busiest times of the day = between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm
- Slowest times of the day = between 11:00 pm to 4:00 am
Type of visitor
- 20% are returning visitors to BusRates
- 80% are new visitors to BusRates
So what does all of that mean? If you’re a BusRates client, your listing could be viewed up to 400 times per day and the majority of those views are from brand new visitors! If you’re a user of BusRates it means you’ve come to the right place for your group travel needs.
Mainly it means that it’s good to be listed on BusRates or using BusRates!
Back to Media Center