Amenities That Make Group Travel More Fun
Group PlannersGroup TravelTravel Tips
What’s more fun than a day trip to an amusement park, museum, or concert? Sharing that experience with a large group of friends and family!
When embarking on a group travel adventure, these amenities will help you get the most out of your trip.
On Your Bus
Renting a charter bus for your trip allows your group to enjoy more time together. Consider these features that maximize your comfort while you’re on route to your destination during your next group travel getaway.
- For long distance trips, you need a bathroom on your bus. An onboard bathroom reduces unscheduled stops and ensures you get to your event on time. Groups with young children, seniors, or expectant mothers should consider coaches with bathroom facilities for shorter trips as well.
- A television with a DVD player lets you enjoy a movie to break up long drive times. Or use it to crank some party music to get everyone in the mood for the big event.
- Many areas across the United States allow adults to consume alcoholic beverages while riding in a passenger vehicle. A minibar in your charter bus is the perfect way to kick off your adults-only weekend. Check with your bus rental company to learn about the specific laws in your area. Please note that Canada does not allow open alcohol containers in passenger vehicles at any time.
These little extras will make your travel time just as much fun as your final destination.
At the Hotel
Overnight stays at hotels can be uncomfortable and a little boring. Ask for these upgrades to improve your entire group travel experience.
- Choose lodgings that include Wi-Fi during your stay so your group can stay connected to friends and family back home with social media updates, email, and internet calling. Most large hotel chains offer free unlimited Wi-Fi with your room.
- If your group is sharing rooms to decrease costs, ask the front desk for a rollaway bed. Use it to store bags that are frequently accessed. This helps keep common areas clear of personal belongings so everyone is more comfortable.
- For trips that last multiple days, a hotel with a conference room lets group leaders call travelers together to coordinate and structure the day’s activities. These usually include a business center where you can send and faxes or make photocopies.
Even if you don’t plan on spending a lot of time in your room, these perks make the time you do spend there more relaxing.