Boston, Massachusetts, is a beautiful area to travel to with your closest friends. This location is one of the many famous areas of the New England region that tourists love traveling to any time of the year. Planning a group trip here is an excellent opportunity to celebrate significant life events and achievements or to enjoy the presence of your favorite people.
Follow this Boston travel guide to plan a fun and memorable trip with friends.
Planning Your Trip
The planning process before the trip can require carefully detailed transportation and check-in instructions. While this part can take time, the rewards of a well-planned trip can make the whole journey run smoothly.
Take a look at the following inspiration for efficient transportation, top-rated hotels and must-see attractions in Boston.
Transportation Around Boston
The streets of Boston are a wonderful place to catch a glimpse of life in this beautiful Massachusetts city. However, maneuvering these roads as a large group of 10 or more can be challenging with high numbers of tourists and locals. To travel as efficiently as possible with your group, you can rent a bus in Boston to take you around the city.
Renting a bus in Boston is convenient and allows you and your group to stretch out on your way to the upcoming activities and landmarks. Rather than trying to hail multiple taxis for group transportation in Boston, a bus can fit large groups that can take you anywhere you desire.
Places to Stay in Boston
Finding a relaxing hotel during your trip to Boston allows you and your group to unwind after a long day of sightseeing and getting a taste of city life. Luckily, this large city is home to many unique and comfortable hotels that can make your trip even more memorable.
Consider the following top-rated hotels that you can enjoy during your trip to Boston:
- The Verb Hotel: Retro vibes and a lively atmosphere make this hotel a tourist favorite. At the Verb Hotel, you can enjoy music, Japanese food, a dip in the pool and the two-minute walk to Fenway Park. Play vinyl records from the comfort of your room to start the day off on a high note.
- Boston Park Plaza: This iconic luxury hotel has become a staple in Boston’s central city. The ambiance is elegant and comforting, so you can enjoy a relaxing atmosphere before setting out on a full day of planned activities. Boston Park Plaza is within walking distance of the Public Garden and Chinatown.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Seaport District: A view of the Reserved Channel leading out to the Boston Main Channel from your room gives you the feeling of life on the water. The rooms are comfortable and modern, where you can look out onto the water as the sun rises and sets in the city. The hotel is within walking distance of the Boston Design Center and the ShowPlace Icon Theater.
Places to Eat in Boston
The New England region is home to a diverse selection of cuisines that can satisfy your group’s taste buds with each bite. Boston has numerous restaurants to choose from, including mouthwatering burgers to fresh seafood.
If you could use some inspiration for local restaurants in Boston to visit that tourists and locals treasure, here are a few popular food locations you can try out during your trip:
- Mike’s Pastry: It wouldn’t be a trip to Boston without tasting the famous cannolis at Mike’s Pastry. This bustling bakery is a favorite among locals and tourists for its tasty sweets and signature lobster tails. Mike’s is a stable at the North End in Boston within walking distance of the Boston Public Market and the Paul Revere House.
- Union Oyster House: Situated across from Boston City Hall, this historic eatery is known for its chowder and other New England seafood specials. Enjoy raw oysters or a lobster roll for lunch or dinner, and follow it up with a Boston cream pie
- South Street Diner: In the heart of downtown Boston sits a pleasant diner that serves its loyal customers all night and day. This retro-style diner is the only kind in Boston, open 24 hours a day. You can enjoy the quiet atmosphere with menu options ranging from breakfast specials to tasty clubs. Toast to a successful day of outings with your group with 50’s style milkshakes or mimosas as you enjoy your meal.
Things to Do in Boston
A full day of fun activities in the city is the perfect way to celebrate your trip with friends. There are exciting events and must-see attractions in Boston around every corner that you can explore during any part of the day.
Follow this Boston itinerary to look into the possible schedules you can create on your trip to Massachusetts.
- Start your morning in the Public Garden: Nothing beats the calming ambiance you can find in the beautiful landscape of the Public Garden. This park is the first botanical garden in America and sits at the heart of Boston for locals and tourists to explore. With 24 acres of ponds, native plants and historical statues, this stop is perfect for the first landmark to visit on your Boston trip.
- Greet the aquatic life at the New England Aquarium: There is no shortage of sea creatures and fascinating species at Boston’s famous New England Aquarium. If you and your group consider yourselves animal lovers, this stop is excellent for a mid-morning activity that gives you a glimpse of nearby wildlife. During your visit, take memorable photos of the sharks, penguins, seals, sea turtles and coral reefs.
- Catch a show at the Boston Opera House: Live performances of the Boston ballet and renowned musical theater shows are a perfect afternoon activity for you and your group to enjoy. The elegant atmosphere is excellent for those who enjoy dressing up and spending a glamorous evening at one of the city’s most extravagant locations.
- Root for the home team: If your group includes sports fans, you can participate in the local sports scene by watching the Red Sox or Celtics play at their home arenas. These games consist of lively competition, tasty foods and proud fans in every seat.
- Shop on Newbury Street: If your group would rather explore the city than watch a sports game, find the perfect souvenirs to bring home on Newbury Street. This famous retail strip offers shopping trips at high-end designer stores and international chains. You can also unwind at the many nearby cafes and bars to celebrate your group’s successful day exploring the city of Boston.
Buses for Hire in Boston, Massachusetts
Create lasting memories of your trip with affordable and unique rides found on BusRates. We offer a transportation directory to help you find the best ride for group travel, including executive coaches and limo buses. Getting a quote for a convenient ride for your large group to Boston is quick and easy!
Get started on booking your Boston trip today.