Taking your best friends, family members or coworkers on a trip to the Big Apple is an exciting way to celebrate an important event in life. Whether you want to spend a day sightseeing or take a few days to soak in the excitement of the big city, you can plan a fun outing to one of the most lively cities in the United States.
Planning a group trip to New York City can be fun, but there are many factors to consider before finalizing any details. To make your trip go as smoothly as possible, take a look at the following planning tips and sample New York City itinerary for inspiration.
Planning Your Trip
The minor details you put into motion now can help the rest of your trip go smoothly once you arrive in NYC. Take some time to discuss transportation, hotels and planned activities with your group as soon as possible to work out the necessities first. This step allows you and your friends or family to relax and enjoy the trip without the added stress of having to figure out details.
Consider the following inspiration for your trip to New York City.
Transportation Around New York City
New York City is home to exciting attractions and beautiful sights. Getting to these landmarks can be a bit of a hassle. Busy roads and jammed traffic can be a challenge when you have plans in mind that you want to fulfill. To make your trip go as smoothly as possible, you can rent a bus to transport your large group around the city.
Bus rentals are the best transportation option for groups larger than 10 who want to travel around the Big Apple. You and your group can bring along any essentials during the trip and stretch out while on the move to the next fun activity. This option also allows your group to travel together rather than having to find enough taxis for every member of your party.
Finding bus rentals for NYC is convenient and affordable and can create fun memories.
Places to Stay in NYC
Your hotel in New York City can offer breathtaking views of the city and its most renowned landmarks. While the sights outside your window might be one of the most vital parts of your stay, you also want to find a hotel with a relaxing ambiance to unwind after a long day of visiting must-see attractions in the big city.
Here are a few top-rated hotels that you can book for your group trip to NYC:
- The Draper, Ascend Hotel Collection: In the heart of Manhattan, you can find this comfortable hotel with a gorgeous view of the Empire State Building. The contemporary style of each room gives you a taste of living in the Big Apple and conveniently places you within walking distance of several must-see attractions.
- Margaritaville Resort Times Square: This charming hotel resort puts you right in the streets of Times Square. You can enjoy visiting the on-site bar or taking a dip in the pool while overlooking one of the most famous landmarks in the city.
- Motto by Hilton New York City Chelsea: This impressive 42-floor hotel gives you a breathtaking view of the city, including Madison Square Garden and the Flatiron Building. The quiet and comfortable atmosphere of Motto lets you unwind before walking around nearby attractions, such as Times Square, Greenwich Village and Chelsea Market.
Places to Eat in NYC
There is no shortage of delicious restaurants and hidden gems around every corner of New York City. You can satisfy your taste buds with thousands of cafes, diners, bars and high-end restaurants.
As you walk the streets of NYC, stop at any of the following restaurants for a taste of city life:
- Union Square Cafe: Fine dining and a beautiful atmosphere make Union Square Cafe a favorite restaurant choice for locals and tourists. You can enjoy sitting down with your group to try the unique pasta, salad, seafood and dessert recipes that will leave you satisfied before making your way around the city.
- Breads Bakery: A trip to NYC can go by quickly when you have so many fun activities planned. If you want a sweet or savory treat to bring with you on your next landmark visit, make a stop at Breads Bakery. You can select delicious cakes, cookies, bread, pastries and burekas from this East 16th Street location that are perfect for snacking on throughout the day.
- The Penny Farthing: End a night of sightseeing and fun activities with drinks and snacks at the Penny Farthing. This rustic, old-timey bar is a great way to celebrate the adventures you and your group went on during the day. Toast with a large selection of tap beers and martinis or order a delicious dinner of pasta, salads and sandwiches.
Things to Do in NYC
Whether it’s your first time visiting the Big Apple or you’re returning for more, numerous famous landmarks are worth the stop during your trip to New York City. You can spend the day sightseeing some of the city’s must-see attractions within 20 minutes of each other.
If you need inspiration for sightseeing during your trip, you can follow this New York City itinerary:
- Morning at the Brooklyn Bridge: Start your day with an early trip to the Brooklyn Bridge. If you are staying at a hotel in beautiful Brooklyn, New York, visiting this bridge first is perfect for making your way over to Manhattan for the other must-see landmarks. The walk across the Brooklyn Bridge takes anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, allowing you to catch the sunrise and the hustle and bustle of New York life.
- Afternoon at the Empire State Building: After stepping off the Brooklyn Bridge, you and your group can have a delicious breakfast at one of the restaurants above before making your way to the Empire State Building. This landmark is known as one of the most famous buildings in the city. You can take pictures of the impressive exterior architecture or go up to the 86th-floor observation deck for a breathtaking view of the city.
- Stop at the Chrysler Building: A 15-minute walk from the Empire State Building leads to the beautiful Chrysler Building on Lexington Avenue. This landmark is known for its impressive architecture, height and Art Deco that you can explore from the exterior and lobby. You can see this 77-floor building from the observation deck of the Empire State Building.
- Spend the evening in Times Square: After stopping for a bite to eat at one of the countless restaurants in Manhattan, you can explore the lively atmosphere of Times Square to end the day. The nightlife of Times Square is an extraordinary experience with numerous street performers, entertainment, theaters, nightclubs and countless other memorable sights. After sunset, you can see the streets come to life with the glow of the LED screens advertising music and Broadway shows. This stop is the perfect way to end your day in NYC.
Buses for Hire in New York City
Make your trip as memorable as possible with affordable and fun rides found on BusRates. We offer an updated directory to help you find the perfect transportation for your large group, from party buses to executive coaches. Getting a quote for a stylish, convenient and comfortable ride around New York City is the first step to finalizing your group trip plans.
Get started on booking your NYC trip today!